Martin Zubimendi addresses Barcelona transfer rumours

Real Sociedad midfielder Martin Zubimendi says he is ‘not worried’ about the rumors linking him with Barcelona.

Real Sociedad midfield player Martin Zubimendi has said he is “not worried” about the rumors linking him with a move Barcelona.

The 23-year-old has reportedly been identified as a potential replacement for the Catalan giants Sergio Busquetswho is expected to leave Camp Nou on a free transfer next summer.

However, when questioned about the reported interest, Zubimendi claimed that he was only focused on signing a new contract with Real Sociedad.

The Spaniard still has three years left on his current deal but it is believed his current deal includes a €60m (£52.3m) release clause.

“Yes, I’m hoping for an extension. The harmony is very good. It’s a matter of time. Now I have to concentrate on all the upcoming games,” said Zubimendi Cadena SER. “I’m not worried about Barcelona at the moment. I have to focus on what’s coming, which is a lot and very tough.”

Also Read :  The World’s Oil Buyers Are Being Crushed by a Surging Dollar

Barcelona manager Xavi on August 13, 2022©Reuters

Barcelona boss Xavi is said to be a huge admirer of Zubimendi, who went through the youth system at Real Sociedad and represented his C and B teams before making his first-team debut in 2019.

The central midfielder has represented the Basque side 105 times in all competitions, contributing three goals and three assists.

Zubimendi was again a key player for this season Imanol Alguacilwho played seven games, six of them in La Liga, and provided one assist.

Real Sociedad are believed to be keen on signing him on a new deal by June 2027 which could potentially include a €60million (£78.6million) release clause.

Also Read :  Belgium World Cup squad 2022: All projected 26 players on Belgian national football team roster for Qatar

That is what a recent report claims Wolverhampton WanderersRuben Neve is also a leading midfield target for Barcelona, ​​with Busquets appearing to be preparing to retire at the Catalan club next year.

Sergio Busquets in action for Barcelona on September 13, 2022©Reuters

It has been claimed that the veteran midfielder has already agreed to move to MLS, but he insisted that was not the case when questioned during the international break, before also commenting on the Zubimendi rumours.

“I can’t tell you anything because there’s nothing. There’s nothing, despite the rumors that have surfaced. There’s nothing official. I’ll see how I’m doing this season. There’s nothing,” Busquets told reporters .

“I want to have fun and then I’ll see. It’s clear that I’m not 20 years old. Primarily it’s the last year of my contract, but things have been made official that are wrong.”

Also Read :  Amid Separation Rumours, Deepika Padukone Showers Love On Hubby, Ranveer Singh, Calls Him 'Edible'

“Zubimendi is a great player but he comes from La Real. I don’t know if Barcelona are interested in it. Both here and at Barcelona, ​​the game is very positional.

“You have to support yourself, find a partner. Happiness is being able to play in the best in the world and in a great team. The coach is looking for very similar players to pick up the game.”

Barcelona will look to get back to winning ways in the Champions League when they travel to Italian giants Inter Milan on Tuesday night.

ID:496019:1false2false3false:QQ:: from DB desktop :LenBod:collect5706:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.