Man accused of stalking, lying to judge about guns

Man accused of stalking, lying to judge guns

A judge on Aug. 29 issued a $20,000 arrest warrant for Michael B. D’Haene.

An Oak Harbor man is accused of stalking a woman, repeatedly violating a court order and lying to a judge about having a firearm, court documents show.

An Island County Superior Court judge on Aug. 29 issued a $20,000 arrest warrant for Michael B. D’Haene. After his arrest, another judge ordered him held in jail in lieu of $100,000 bail.

D’Haene pleaded not guilty to charges of stalking, first-degree perjury, second-degree perjury, five counts of unlawful possession of a firearm and making false or misleading testimony to an officer on September 19 in Island County Superior Court.

Also Read :  An Imaginary City of Cats Was Founded on The Internet and It Also Has a Very Serious Side to It

The victim obtained a restraining order against D’Haene earlier this year, ordering him not to have contact with her, but D’Haene has violated the order on multiple occasions, according to a deputy report.

D’Haene allegedly called the woman’s internet provider and falsely claimed that she had committed fraud by switching the internet to her name; It took the woman hours to convince the company that she was the homeowner, a MP said.

Also Read :  Judge delays Twitter trial, gives Musk time to seal buyout

The woman claimed that D’Haene withheld her mail, which prevented the Post Office from delivering mail, the report said.

Also, the victim said he used an app to control her TV. The TV suddenly turned off, changed the channel, or increased the volume dramatically.

A judge who issued a restraining order also ordered D’Haene to turn over all of his firearms to law enforcement and not to own firearms. MPs who responded to his home in the past noted that he had an AR-15 rifle and other weapons.

However, D’Haene told a judge that he had no weapons in his possession and filed a non-surrender statement. However, he was later arrested for allegedly violating the no-contact order, and the district court judge said he would not be released from jail until he surrendered his guns. D’Haene called a friend from prison and demanded that she turn over his five guns to the deputies, which one deputy said she did.

Also Read :  jobs: Future proof careers: Crystal Gazing into the A to Z of the future of Tech Jobs of 2030

Court records show that D’Haene sustained a serious head injury in 2018 and was diagnosed with traumatic brain injury, which has been linked to aggression and mental health issues.

Source link