Newport City Council will hold its next regular council meeting on Wednesday 28 September at 6:30pm.
The meeting will be held in the council chambers of Newport City Hall and is open to the public. Here’s a look at what’s on the list;
The agenda, with supporting appendices, will be posted and available on the City of Newport’s website, according to the city clerk.
CITY OF NEWPORT
DOCKET FOR A REGULAR MEETING
28 SEPTEMBER 2022
The following business matters brought to the City Clerk under the rules of the Council will be brought before the Council at a meeting to be held at 6:30 p.m. on September 28, 2022 at the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 43 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840.
Pledge of allegiance to the flag
Citizens’ Forum: (Speakers must register with the Town Clerk) The Citizens’ Forum must not exceed 15 minutes and citizens can only speak on one topic and no longer than three minutes before the Council. Topics to be discussed must not include matters considered or discussed as part of the regular agenda of the council and must relate to matters of substance to the city. Comments on staff or job performance are not allowed.
1. PUBLIC HEARING – Budget change for FY2023
- Ordinance on the Use of Revenue (2nd reading)
2. CONSENT CALENDAR (THE CONSENT CALENDAR SHALL BE APPROVED IN ITS ENTIRETY UNLESS THE COUNCIL REMOVES AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION. ALL LICENSES ARE GRANTED SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS (NOS. 31-80 AND 98-40).
a. Minutes of the meeting of 24 August 2022 (approve)
b. Special occasions:
1. Trinity Church, The Rev Canon Timothy Watts, d/b/a Trinity Church Pumpkin Patch, One Queen Anne Square; 11 to 31 October 2022, Monday to Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m
2. Newport Art Museum, d/b/a Joseph Norman Exhibition Opening Reception, Newport Art Museum; October 14, 2022 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m
3. The Landing Restaurant, d/b/a Landing Seafood Fest, 30 Bowen’s Wharf; October 15 & 16, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m
4. Redwood Library & Athenaeum, d/b/a Redwood Concert on Lawn, Redwood Library & Athenaeum; October 16 & 23, 2022 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m
5. Newport Boxfit, LLC, d/b/a boxing show, boys and girls club; December 3, 2022 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m
c. RI State Planning Council Notice Regarding: Notice of Public Consultation on Changes to Rules and Standards (Received)
LICENSES AND PERMISSIONS
3. Entertainment License, New, Class A and B, Bull Shot, LLC, d/b/a Cabana, 140 Broadway for entertainment Monday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.: 12:00 a.m. and Friday, Saturday and Sunday before a Monday holiday from 12:00 p.m. to 00:00 a.m. (Second Hearing)
Requirement: Outdoor entertainment must end at 10:00 PM
4. Entertainment License, New, Class A and B, Goat Lessee, LLC, d/b/a Newport Harbor Island Resort, 1 Goat Island, for entertainment from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday before a Monday Holiday and 11:00am to 11:00pm Sunday through Thursday – Outdoor entertainment permitted on South Lawn and in outdoor cafe/pool area f/n/a Pineapple (second hearing)
Existing Conditions for South Lawn:
- The entertainment will be arranged so that the music is directed west, away from the properties to the south and east. All entertainment takes place under a tent with siding on the south and east sides;
- Members of the general public are not permitted access to concerts on the site;
- All outdoor entertainment on the South Lawn ends at 10:00 PM
- Gurneys will provide contact information to the Goat Island Condominium Association and;
- Wheelchairs are prohibited from parking on the streets.
5. BOARD AND COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
(Opennesses currently exist or will soon exist in the Planning Committee, Beach Commission and Positive Action Commission.)
Advisory Commission on Historic Cemeteries – Theresa Stokes (three-year term runs until October 26, 2025)
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
6. Action #6102/22 – RE: CRMC File #2022-04-098 – Application by Equity Investment Group LLC, 32 Bayside Avenue – Construction and maintenance of boating community
7. Action No. 6103/22 – RE: Award of Bid No. 23-004 – Repairs to North Spillway at Easton Pond Dam (with associated decision)
CONFUSED AS COUNCIL AND SET AS BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
1. Class F Spirits Day License – Newport Art Museum, d/b/a Joseph Norman Exhibition Opening Reception, Newport Art Museum; October 14, 2022 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m
2. Class F-1 Daily Alcohol License – Oliver Hazard Perry Rhode Island, d/b/a Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival, Bowen’s Wharf and Market Square; October 15 & 16, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m
Laura C Swistak
Adjournment – September 21, 2022
More from What’sUpNewp