For those planning to attend the annual Papinville Festival on September 24th, Route B/Drainage Ditch Bridge will be OPEN for citizens to travel to the event.
Highway B/Drainage Ditch Bridge is east of Rich Hill and will be open for driving September 23-25. The bridge will then be CLOSED for the duration of a replacement measure. The contract completion date for the project remains December 1, 2023.
I would like to thank MODOT for working on my office’s request to allow travel this weekend. This avoided a diversion situation. Papinville is a historic site for our area and their annual event supports their conservation efforts and provides citizens with a day of fun activities.
Also, driving to the McGennis Youth Center BBQ and benefit auction activities on Sunday, September 25 west of Rich Hill will NOT be impacted by road issues. We are fortunate to have so many District 126-related festivals and events in our area this fall.
For more information, contact representative Patricia Pike at 573-751-5388 or email [email protected]
TRAFFIC ALERT: Bates Co. Route B/Drainage Ditch Bridge East of Rich Hill timetable update
What: Updated Bates County Route B/Drainage Ditch Bridge closure schedule
- The bridge will be closed during the week of September 12 while the contractor conducts test drilling
- The bridge will be temporarily opened to traffic in time for the local community event on September 23-25
- The bridge will be closed again for the duration of the replacement project
- The contract completion date for the project remains December 1, 2023
Impact on traffic:
- All lanes of Route B CLOSED where crews are working
- Drivers have access to the entrances at both ends of the bridge but cannot drive through the work zone
- Drivers will be directed along a posted detour via Bates County Route N, Missouri Route 52, I-49 and Route B
- Drivers were asked to find alternative routes around the work zone
- Signs and notice boards warn drivers approaching the work area
- Check the MoDOT travel information map for road closures/traffic incidents
Weather and/or schedule delays change the work schedule.
This contract also includes the replacement of the Bates County Route B Bridge across the Marais of the Cygnes River and the Bates County Route BB Bridge across the South Deepwater Branch east of Butler. Work on Route BB started in early August and is currently underway.