Heifer International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified person with a disability, among other things.
The Business and Systems Analyst – Integrated Program Management System (IPMS) is the individual responsible for ensuring that IPMS is fully implemented and that day-to-day support, training and problem resolution is proactively managed for IPMS. You will be embedded in each program area and will work with the program area team and country program staff to ensure that requirements related to IPMS are defined, problems (where appropriate) escalated and resolution sought. Working closely with the program teams, this role is dedicated to listening to and interpreting the project management needs of program and project staff in their associated program area and ensuring those needs are met. The role may be based in any of the following countries; Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Senegal, Uganda, Rwanda and Zambia.
A successful candidate who is eager to learn, has exceptional problem-solving skills and is enthusiastic about working collaboratively on innovative solutions. This role requires a strong commitment to teamwork, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a strong ability to work with multicultural teams, manage multiple priorities and thrive in a matrixed report management structure.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACHIEVEMENTS
A. Supports the maintenance and continuous improvement of Heifer’s project management business processes. (35%)
- Facilitate full implementation of IPMS components across the territory.
- Complete the onboarding process of Heifer’s project management business processes for new project management hires.
- Share and promote Heifer’s online learning courses on Heifer’s project management business processes in collaboration with Heifer’s human resources department.
- Work together to reflect and address the project management needs identified in the field in the Heifer project management business processes.
- Elevate desired changes from the area of project management processes to IPMS management and support the update process (e.g. obtain feedback, coordinate meetings, etc.).
- Work within the divisional structure, provide operational support to field staff on Heifer’s project management business processes, e.g. B. Location of policies, online tutorials and explanation of business processes and tools related to IPMS implementation.
- Organize regional, country and project-based IPMS training and/or meetings as needed, document actions and next steps.
- Collaborate effectively with the other IPMS team members in the regions, documenting lessons learned, opportunities, challenges and solutions.
B. Specialist in Heifer’s cloud-based project management software and maintaining its value to program staff. (40%)
- Supporting the field staff for NGO Online, including the timely resolution of questions and problems both functionally and operationally.
- Sort questions or issues faced by end users to appropriate teams (e.g. IPMS Management, HQ MELS, Business Systems, IT, Knowledge Management, etc.)
- Direct support for program teams starting new projects with system setup (e.g. NGO Online, Laserfiche, Agresso).
- Actively listen and document the needs of the field teams and raise requests that would require an adjustment or update of the system to IPMS management.
- Develop and distribute necessary resources/training videos and other materials related to carrying out activities, improving efficiency and sharing best practices of NGO Online.
- Conducting IPMS data quality samples for projects.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure data reporting is standardized across the network; Recommend and implement improvements in the reporting/tracking process or tools.
- Provide refresher training on system process capabilities.
- Proactively identify NGO online system functionalities that may need to be adjusted or updated.
- Lead communications around IPMS updates and troubleshooting.
C. Provide analytics and reports to support strategy (15%)
- Develop a standard process for identifying and producing standard and special reports for decision-making and dissemination to stakeholders.
- Develop reports for decision making and sharing with stakeholders as needed.
- Generate high-level audience updates on project and program performance.
- Work with others to identify opportunities to support signature program and project business plan reports.
- Drive change by being thought leaders around information flow, systems and related process improvements.
- Coordinate with others to optimize data analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Helps identify areas of underperforming program and major growth opportunities.
D. Can perform other related tasks (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in international development or a relevant field and two years of project management experience in non-profit organizations.
- Practical experience in project management in the INGO space.
- Proven experience in using project management systems.
- Bilingual English and Spanish (Writing, Reading and Speaking).
- Excellent problem solving skills based on analysis of available data to find solutions to complex problems.
- Proven experience managing change management processes within a development organization.
- Experience managing Azure and other Microsoft environments.
- Strong project management experience, project management certification is a plus, Project D Pro.
- Ability to train individuals and teams using participatory methods and various tools. Strong facilitation skills preferred.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and ideas into simple, clear and actionable reports.
- Knowledge of software management, data processing and information generation.
The most important skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and communicate across cultures and teams.
- Strong ability to listen, analyze and document problems.
- Patience in building capacity and gradually changing work.
- Strong project management experience, project management certification is a plus, Project D Pro
- Proven flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in challenging situations.
- Competent in performing data quality analysis paying attention to details.
- Experience with SharePoint, Excel and PowerBi.
Essential job functions and physical requirements
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and manage constantly competing priorities and large, meticulous work, comfortable in a rapidly changing environment. Must be flexible and able to improvise to deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain close relationships and collaborate with team members remotely and with limited opportunities for face-to-face interaction.
- Sitting and working on a computer for long periods of time.
- Constant personal, electronic and telephone communication with colleagues and the public.
- Ability to travel and appropriate physical conditions are prerequisites for international travel.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
How to apply
Please apply here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/heifer/job/oEw4kfwi